Our mission at Kingston UMC is to be a community that welcomes all and grows together in Christ in order to FEED MORE SHEEP.
As a community, we have nine foundational values that are at the core of all that we do:
- Tethered – Who we are and what we do are anchored to our identity in Jesus Christ. While other things compete to define us individually, as a church community we exist as a place to remind all people that there is a secure home in Jesus Christ, regardless of anything they have or haven’t done.
- Hospitality – Our circle is always open and we all work to ensure that every person we encounter feels welcomed and loved.
- Hope – We strive to embody the hope we find in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Grace – Grace is offered to us through Jesus Christ, so we bring that same free to gifts to others.
- Resurrection – We participate in God’s work to bring healing and new life where there are broken places.
- Ministry of All Believers – Kingston could not exist without the hands of many. We believe we are all called to a load-bearing role of the church and ministry in our lives through good stewardship of our time, talents, and gifts.
- Creativity – We recognize that our creativity comes from God; we say yes to the wildness of God’s creativity in each of us.
- Good Neighbors – KUMC seeks to be a church that if our doors closed, the community would notice. We strive to strengthen our roots by supporting the local economy and serving the people of Kingston.
- Small Church Feel – Regardless of the size of our church, we desire that all feel known and have a place to belong. We focus on the importance of doing ministry out of meaningful relationships.